CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Non Traditional Colorways


I like to do a few non-traditional colorways for some of my Christmas cards. I love the lush feel of the Vintage Violet background paper contrasted with the strip of kraft cardstock. It's hard to see, but I did accent the tree a bit with my Sakura Stardust pen. I love the way it adds just a touch of sparkle without the mess of glue and glitter. It dries pretty quickly too.

The stamp sets I used are Stampin' UP! Season of Joy and Heard from the Heart. The background paper I textured in my Sizzix with one of their plates. To bring out the subtle embossing, I used a Versamagic Wheat pad to lightly highlight the snowflakes. It's a nice, natural look with the flecked kraft and ivory natural cardstocks that I used for the other layers.

0 comments: