CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas



My Christmas decor has always been a foregone conclusion. Pull out all the hand me downs, from both sides of the family, and display. End of story. For good or bad, that is changing this year. Maybe all of my blog reading has ruined me for another year of same old, same old.

I didn't know it at the time, but I bought my inspiration just after last Christmas. We always go upstate to visit my parents, and I always make a point to visit The Old Mill Antiques. I think they're in Muncy? Anyhoo, they're a great resource for one of my loves, vintage linens. And vintage cocktail glasses, but that's more the husband's thing.

I came across this reindeer hand embroidered tea towel and fell in love. I bought it with no idea of what I was going to do with it.

For a while I thought it might become an apron. With a background of some cool pink fabric, the cut down tea towel would make a cute pinafore layer. But something has stopped me from cutting into it.

I think I'm starting to realize that it's all about the colors. It started two weeks ago when I was trying to find last minute Halloween decor at Home Goods. What did I see... super cute tinsel in feather trees in wonderful cotton candy colors. Garland and wreaths to match. Hmmm, an idea is brewing.

Yesterday at Michael's... Vintage looking pink mirror glass hurricanes and tea light holders. Oh, this is going somewhere.

Finally, this memory jogger of my love for little vintage glitter houses:
Glitter House Project by Sarahiscrafty
I'm eyeing up the empty microwave popcorn box right now!

0 comments: